Subject only to the Law Society of Ontario’s (“LSO’s”) Rules of Professional Conduct:
1. Contacting Harris Rosen Professional Corporation (“HRPC”) via its website does not create lawyer–client privilege. Do not send us any information unless and until we have been formally retained, as it will not create a lawyer-client relationship.
3.HRPC collects information in several ways. Some personal information is gathered if you contact us. When you initiate contact with us we will ask for personal information such as your name, email address, gender, residential address, permanent address, cell phone number, occupation, industry and personal interests.
4. HRPC may ask you for personal information outside of the context of your initial contact with us including, but not limited to:
- When you ask us to contact you;
- When you retain our services and we are required to initiate a conflict search, client verification and/or file opening process as mandated by the LSO;
- When you report a problem relating to the services we have provided;
5. When prospective clients or existing clients (“Clients”, whether they be career colleges, institutional investors, or otherwise), provide us with information such as their name, mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address, we use this contact information to send these Clients additional information about HRPC. A Client’s contact information may also be used by us to contact him or her directly. Candidates may choose not to receive future mailings or other communications from HRPC at any time by notifying the Chief Privacy Officer at the address below.
6. HRPC will not sell or rent your personal information to third parties.
7. The HRPC website provides an abundance of information on HRPC, its principals, and its law practice. While HRPC attempts to provide accurate information to its site users, it provides no guarantees regarding the accuracy or reliability of this content. The HRPC website and/or any content on the internet relating to HRPC, does not constitute a contract or promise from HRPC to its site users, be they Clients, or otherwise.
8. HRPC website has security measures and safeguards in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information that is under our control at any given time. However, since no data transmission over the Internet is completely secure, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or in relation to our online products or services, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make every attempt to ensure that it is kept secure with us. You must still be solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and/or any account information.
9. HRPC may use “cookies” or similar tracking systems to store and sometimes track information about you. A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from our web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive. HRPC may do this in order to further automate our website or online forms, or to help us understand who may be interested in our services or programs we may run from time to time. By modifying your own browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies.
10. Subject to any legislated exemptions which would permit us to disclose your personal information as is necessary, we will not disclose any of your personal information except when we have your informed consent. “Personal Information” is defined broadly by governing legislation as any information about an identifiable individual except the name, title, and business address or office telephone number of an employee of an organization.
11. Pursuant to allowable exemptions under current legislation, we may disclose personal information when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating HRPC’s policy, violating any law of the province of Ontario or Canada, or may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) HRPC’s rights or property, other students or faculty members, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. We may also disclose your personal information to a collection agency for the purposes of the lawful collection of a debt owed to us by you.
12. Our policy with respect to the use, collection, retention, and disclosure of all student records is governed by applicable privacy legislation.
A. NO SPAM
Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (“CASL”) allows recipients to control the Electronic Delivered Messages (“EDM’s”) which they receive. Harris Rosen Professional Corporation (“HRPC”) respects the choices which its clients, prospective clients, and contacts make to determine whether they would like to receive messages from us.
Our policy complies with CASL, subject to its exceptions including certain business-to-business transactions. Specifically, HRPC does the following to ensure that it is in compliance with CASL:
1. Secures Consent to send EDM’s;
2. Sending out Sender Identification on EDM’s and
3. Providing an “Unsubscribe” mechanism for those on our EDM distribution lists and
a. Ensuring that “unsubscribe” requests are processed promptly and in no case more than 10 business days after we receive them;
b. Maintaining Records of Consents and Unsubscribe Requests.
If you currently subscribe to our EDM’s, you may unsubscribe at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
B. NO SOFTWARE OR SPYWARE
In compliance with CASL, HRPC will not install or cause to be installed software of any sort on another person’s device, or other device without that person’s informed consent in keeping with CASL. Nor will HRPC collect personal information through the use of Spyware or illicit access to another computer system.
C. NO ADDRESS HARVESTING
HRPC will not indiscriminately collect electronic addresses. We will use due diligence to avoid unintentional harvesting of addresses and we will make every attempt to ensure that we do not use harvested email addresses. We will seek to take appropriate precautions within the spirit and letter of CASL when purchasing lists containing personal information.
D. DECEPTIVE INFORMATION
We will not send deceptive electronic mail.
E. ALTERING OF DATA
We will not result alter transmission data which action can result in the redirection of electronic messages without consent of recipients.
If you have questions about our CASL Policy, contact our CASL Administrator at 416.931.5244.
G. POLICY LAST UPDATED
This Policy was last updated on May 5, 2020.
Each time you use the Website, you (including your school) signify your acceptance of this Agreement and any person you purport to represent. If you do not agree to be bound by this Agreement, do not access or use the Website or Content.
No lawyer-client, advisory, fiduciary or other relationship is created by this Agreement or your use of the Website or the Content or your communication with Harris Rosen Professional Corporation by email or through the Website.
The Website and the Content are for general informational purposes only. They are not intended to be legal services or other professional advice or an opinion of any kind to private career colleges, ESL schools, private degree granters, private high schools or any other institutions or parties we have represented. You should seek appropriate, qualified professional before acting or omitting to act based upon any information in the Content or otherwise on the Website.
The transmission of data or information over the internet or other forms of networks may not be secure., and is subject to possible loss, interception or alteration while in transit. Harris Rosen Professional Corporation cannot guarantee the security of any communication to or from the Website. Harris Rosen Professional Corporation does not assume any liability for any damage you may experience or costs you may incur as a result of any electronic transmissions over the internet, other forms of networks or otherwise while using the Website.
The website may be used only by persons who are at least 19 years of age and can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. The Website may not be used by persons in jurisdictions where access to or use of the Website or any part of it may be illegal or prohibited.
The Website and the Content are provided “as is” without warranty or condition of any kind. Use of the Website or the Content is at your own risk. Harris Rosen Professional Corporation does not make any representations, warranties, or conditions about the quality, accuracy, reliability, completeness, currency or timeliness of the Website or the Content. Harris Rosen Professional Corporation does not assume any responsibility for any errors, omissions, or inaccuracies in the Website or the Content.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, Harris Rosen Professional Corporation disclaims all warranties, representations, and conditions of any kind with respect to the Website and the Content whether express, implied, or collateral. To the fullest extent permitted by law, you release Harris Rosen Professional Corporation from, and in no event shall Harris Rosen Professional Corporation be liable to you or any other person or entity for any and all liabilities and damages whatsoever or arising from your use of the Website, the Content, or otherwise relating to this Agreement, and you acknowledge that your sole remedy for any claim, loss, damage, costs, or expenses is to cease using the Website and the Content.